Hero Halo PDF Pattern Free Download

Hero Halo PDF Pattern Free Download

October 14, 2018

Recently with my mother being diagnosed with cancer I quickly put my hand up to sew her some beanies.

I jumped online to find a PDF Pattern that was stylish and easy to follow, after searching for about an hour and not yet being a confident seamstress I was starting to feel a bit dissapointed. Don't get me wrong there are some gorgeous pattern's if you can read German! 🤣

I did however find a free pattern at sewing org that had some great measurements but the instructions had me lost. Our admin and sewing guru Kiaraleigh, helped me to reword the instructions and cut the pattern on the fold with a predetermined curve rather than a freehand one.

From there the pattern finally clicked for me and I could whip up a beanie for my mum in next to no time. Before long my girls wanted some just like Grandma too, so we decided to include children's sizing.

The AMAZING Liz from Thread Faction Studio who has far more pattern drafting knowledge than I ever will, offered to help draft the pattern for me to gift as a free download. My hope is that this can be used for those like me who need more foolproof instructions to make a beanie for a loved one.

I was touched by those in the TMGA VIP Group who were going through or had been through the cancer journey themself or with loved ones. This is a small way in which we hope the broader sewing community can continue to give back and donate to other's in their local community.

As this is a FREE DOWNLOAD we ask that you do not make these for profit we intended this pattern for loved one's, friends and those in need of a Hero Halo. ️

Download Below 🎀

Comments

Amanda Herbert

Amanda Herbert said:

This is an amazing pattern. A wonderful easy sew, such a small thing that can bring a smile to so many faces.

Lindsey H

Lindsey H said:

I am so excited to use this pattern. As an oncology nurse we often see the joy these sort of donations bring to our patients. I can’t wait to give them something made by me, specially for them!

Jay Wright

Jay Wright said:

I am so proud of you, this post brought me to tears.It has been a huge fight the last few months but it makes me feel so proud that from my journey this wonderful project has come to life. Thats all because of you Missy and your huge heart.It will give so much joy and love to so many people.You are an amazing inspirational young woman Missy.Thankyou for sharing the love….

Bev Mason

Bev Mason said:

Thank you so much for your generosity. Can’t wait to get started and hopefully make someone’s day.

Anne Broadhurst

Anne Broadhurst said:

Hello Missy, I am a nurse, I look forward to making some of these beanies and donating them to the Townsville Hospital where I work during my upcoming holidays! Many thanks for making the pattern free, enables me to donate the fabrics and the time. It looks as if it will be easy to do! Many thanks again. Anne

Pamela V

Pamela V said:

Thank you very much for sharing the Hero Halo Missy Rose and Thread Faction. I used turbans all the time when going through chemo – hated my wig.

Tara

Tara said:

Thank you for sharing this pattern. I will be making some of these over the weekend for my Aunt who has just started Chemo. xx

joan

joan said:

I’m just wondering if you could recommend fabric that would be suitable for Hero Halo,
Thanks

Virginia Lowry

Virginia Lowry said:

Tears flooding my eyes. My older sister (79 on 12-24-18) recently diagnosed & just beginning chemo. She lives in Florida, I live in Oklahoma & I “sew” but struggle. With my stash of fabric (daydreams) I hope to bring her some beauty & laughs using this pattern. May God bless you for sharing all around the world, literally.

Terri Hadwen

Terri Hadwen said:

Thank you! Having been diagnosed recently with Breast Cancer and starting chemo I have printed this out to sew up. Funny I coped with losing my breast but losing my hair was been quite traumatic which seems to be the case with many women. Best wishes for anyone going through chemo 💕

Lili Erasmus

Lili Erasmus said:

For joan on February 16, 2019, and anyone else wondering what type of fabric to use: you will want a knit fabric (as opposed to woven), that is stretchy and soft. The pattern says fabric with 50% stretch, which means if you hold a 4 inch piece, it will stretch to 6 inches. There are numerous websites that explain this in more detail, or the staff at a good fabric shop will be able to help you. Here at Material Girl Australia, look under Shop Bases of each of the knits, the French Terry and Double Brushed Poly, the Bamboo if the description states “Bamboo Lycra.” (NOTE: I don’t work here or have any interest in the shop, except for saying Thank You for the Hero Halo pattern. I’m in Texas, so I probably won’t ever order, either, because shipping! But those panels are all adorable!!) Love, Lili